This is an electronic capture of fingerprints through an optical scanner at our office. The scanned fingerprints along with the application details duly formatted in an electronic package are emailed via a secure link to police services. This package is compared with their criminal record database. If nothing is found, the police services will issue a certificate showing a clear record otherwise convictions are listed. A transcript indicates either a clear record or lists convictions.
Who needs Digital Fingerprinting
- (a) Employment with Corporations and Agencies.
- (b) Applicants for passports, Visas, Work Permits, Foreign travel and US Waiver.
- (c) Pardon (Now called Record Suspension) applicants.
- (d) International adoption applicants.
- (e) Security license applicants/Name Change
- (f) Permanent resident, immigration and citizenship applicants
Q. What is the processing time taken for digital fingerprints by the police services?
- (a) If no record – 7 – 10 working days.
- (b) If record found – Approximately 120 days or more.
Applicants must have two pieces of valid Government issued identifications and out of which one must be a photo ID. All identifications must be current and are not expired. We recommend that you also bring with you a letter or file number from the requesting sources, if applicable. If your results should go to a third party, please also bring their proper address with you for correct mail delivery. The following are acceptable identifications:-
- Citizenship Card or Document
- Immigration Document ( Record of Landing)
- Birth Certificate
- Drivers License
- Permanent Resident card or Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicants
- Government ID
- Work Permits
- Student Permit
- BC Care Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Military Family ID card (MFID)
- Nexus Card
How to Check the Status of Your Fingerprints
East West Fingerprinting & ID Services Ltd submits your fingerprints digitally to the RCMP. If you have any questions related to the status of your result, please contact RCMP at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Digital Fingerprinting – $ 55.00 (plus $25.00 RCMP fee if applicable).
(Rates are subject to change at any time)
Method of Payment
We accept cash, debit cards and major credit cards.