A Police Certificate is generally issued for people who are leaving the country and seeking employment in private sector and require a Criminal Record Check. This includes visa applicants, foreign travel, and foreign work permits. People who want to apply for private sector employment, renting a house/basement, applying for school admission etc in Canada can also apply for this certificate on required basis. We encourage you not to apply for this certificate if you have a criminal conviction. We send your request duly completed to police authorities electronically (which is called ECPIC).
Police Certificates based on your name and date of birth are issued and cleared within 48 hours.
Individual should be in possession of TWO (2) pieces of identification (with the same name on both) from the following:-
- Valid BC Driving License
- Valid Driver’s License with photo from any country
- Valid BC Identification Card with photo
- Valid Passport
- Valid Nexus Card
- Native Status Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Military Identification
- Firearms License
- Provincial Health Care Card
- Pleasure Craft License
- ICBC car insurance policy
Note: BC DL and BC Services Card are considered only one ID for the purpose.
Benefits of Performing Criminal Record Checks on Employees
- Effective predictor of future performances
- Easily identify applicant prone and/or unacceptable behaviors
- Reduce the risk of negligent hiring litigation
- Reduce work place violence
- Reduce turnover & hiring cost
- Fast recruiting
CPIC –$55.00 (Additional copy with $5.00)
(Rates are subject to change at any time). $100.00 for international clients.
Method of Payment
We accept cash, debit cards, and major credit cards.